As part of our commitment to providing quality of care to our patients and as part of good clinical governance, Caldbeck Surgery has a Practice Development Plan.
The Caldbeck Practice Development Plan includes:
- Yearly Appraisal for all staff.
- A weekly lunchtime education session for all staff to attend – held each Monday at 1.30pm. E.g. Review of complaints, significant event review, journal review etc.
- Attendance by all staff, at the half day protected time event held each month by the NHS Cumbria. For this event the practice closes from 1pm until 5pm with NHS 111 cover. When NHS Cumbria do not run an external event, we run various internal education events for all staff.
- Regular audits of services provided.
- Encouragement and opportunity for all staff to take part in further education relevant to their vocation.
- Frequent patient participation projects to improve patient and public involvement in the running of the practice. See Caldbeck PPG for further information.