Workflow and Quality Improvement Lead
Full-Time (37 hours per week) Permanent
We are a small, well established training practice with a patient list of circa 4,500 in a highly-rural area of North Cumbria, where we serve patients across a >100square kilometer area.
We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic Workflow and Quality Improvement Lead to join our friendly team. The role has three main facets:
- Improving our patient care by leading on two important measurement initiatives; our local Quality Improvement Scheme (QIS) and the national Quality & Outcomes Framework (QOF);
- Dealing with patient data workflows, including:
- Hospital letters & discharge summaries;
- Coding patient data;
- Contacting patients to make appointments;
- Completing the new-patient registration process, and;
- Summarising patient clinical notes transferred from other practices.
All the above within agreed protocols, whilst working to help improve these protocols, and;
- Supporting our practice staff in their use of our IT systems, and being an active advocate for increasing the value we get from technology.
Full training will be provided by Ev Hellon, our assistant practice manager, and other members of the Workflow team. Experience of working in a busy office, excellent IT skills, attention to detail and self-motivation are essential. Experience of working in a health care setting and medical terminology skills are not essential for this role as they can be learned!
We are a progressive, well-organised and friendly practice and have recently been assessed as Outstanding by our regulator, the Care Quality Commission.
The terms and conditions include salary rates comparable across the sector, NHS pension scheme and 4 weeks’ annual leave increasing to 5 weeks with service.
Please contact our practice manager Martin Woodham for further details at [email protected]