Midwifery support for Caldbeck Surgery is provided by the midwives from the Wigton & Solway Community Midwifery Team. Contact them on 016973 66609.
The midwives in our team are:
- Jayne Hedley- Part time, works within Caldbeck and Wigton Surgeries
- Ruth Wannop – Full time, works within Silloth, Kirkbride and Aspatria Surgeries.
- Barbara Taylor – Part time, works within Aspatria and Caldbeck Surgeries
- Shona Anderson- Penrith Team
- Clare Russell-Penrith Team
Once your pregnancy has been confirmed your doctor will inform your midwife, and you can make a ‘booking’ appointment with your midwife, usually between 8 to 10 weeks of pregnancy, to discuss and plan your pregnancy care and for further appointments. Please ask for an hour’s appointment for the first visit to the Midwife. You can make this ‘booking’ appointment via the Receptionists, or contact your Midwife directly on 016973 66609 at our Community Office at Wigton Hospital, where an answer machine is available to leave your message. The antenatal clinic at Caldbeck is on Thursday afternoons between 2:00pm – 4:00pm.
For further information please contact me either through the Surgery or at our community office.