The District Nursing Team that covers Caldbeck Surgery are part of Keswick and Solway Integrated Care Community Hub.
- We provide patient centred nursing care to anyone in the surrounding areas who are housebound for whatever reason. Please Note: personal care is covered by Social Services.
- We accept referrals from various sources, ie. hospital, General Practitioners, family members, patients themselves, social workers, receptionists, etc.
- We are accountable for the service we provide and proactively encourage criticism and feedback from our patients on suggested service improvements.
To access the service we provide please telephone: 016973 66639
Your friendly, enthusiastic District Nursing Team are:
- Zoe Davies – Community Nurse
- Laura Burns – Community Nurse
- Joely Bradley – Community Nurse
- Sandra Johnstone- Community Nurse
- Donna Hetherington- Community Nurse
- Jennifer Little- Community Nurse
- Wendy Hodgson-Community Nurse
- Caroline Mullins-Community Nurse
- Melanie Hetherington – Community Healthcare Assistant
How to Access the District Nursing Team
Anyone can ask for advice from the District Nursing Team or for the District Nurse to visit if they, or someone they care for, has an identifiable nursing need. If that need is urgent the District Nurse will respond on the same day of the request otherwise the District Nurse will arrange an appropriate time to visit. We have an open referral system allowing for patients, carers, families, multidisciplinary team members, statutory and voluntary organisations to make direct contact.
The majority of our District Nursing work takes place in the home setting but we also occasionally provide care within a Treatment Centre / Dressing Clinic / Doctors Surgery / Health Centre / Hostel / Residential Home or a Nursing Home which requires specialist advice.
We regularly work closely with other services. With your permission we may need to refer you to another service provider to ensure your care needs are met. Some examples of other services are listed below.
- Community Equipment Loan Store based at Maryport.
- Community Psychiatric Nurse
- Continence Advisor
- Diabetes Specialist Nurse
- Disablement Services
- Heart Failure Specialist
- Health Visitor / now known as Public Health Practitioner
- Home Care Services
- Hospice at Home Service
- Hospital Services
- Intermediate Care Team
- Macmillan Nurse
- Meals on Wheels
- MS Nurse
- Occupational Therapy
- Practice Nurse
- School Nurse
- Smoking Cessation
- Social Services
- Stoma Care Nurse
- Tissue Viability Specialist
- Vascular Nurse
- Voluntary Agencies eg – Age Concern