The Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a small group of Caldbeck patients who meet with the doctors at Caldbeck Surgery twice a year to try and help improve the services provided by the surgery to our patients.
We aim for the group to be representative of all parts of our community, for example, including the fit and healthy, those living with a chronic illness or a disability and all age groups.
Each year we publish a report on our website with the minutes of the meetings and any other information such as patient survey results.
PPG members also play an important role in Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspections as the CQC inspectors always like to speak to members either on the telephone in advance of the inspection or on the day for an independent view of the surgery.
In recent years the PPG has discussed:
- Appointments and other access issues eg telephone consultations
- Use of patient mobile numbers/texting for appointment reminders etc
- Medication review reminders
- The new NHS structure
- Care Quality Commission inspections
- Topics for the next patient survey
- Music in the waiting room
- Projects such as ‘Productive General Practice’ to improve the smooth running of the practice
If you are interested in joining the Patient Participation Group please either email or telephone our practice manager.