During the current Coronavirus outbreak we are focusing our attention on:
• Continuing to give the best quality care to our patients for all conditions, not just coronavirus
• Keeping our patients and staff as safe as possible
• Continuing to operate successfully in support of both our community and other local practices
In order to achieve this we have implemented the following changes to the way we operate:
1. Our appointment system has changed, so that all our initial appointments are by telephone only– you will be invited into the surgery if appropriate and safe.
2. Please call as usual when you need an appointment, you will be given a telephone slot when a clinician will call you back and assess you. If deemed safe and necessary you will be invited for a face to face appointment.
3. Please continue to collect medication from the Surgery unless you have symptoms of cough, fever or breathlessness. If you are self-isolating please call us to make alternative arrangements.
4. Please note that repeat medication will be processed as normal, please do not request medication earlier than 21 days from your last issue, as this will cause supply shortages and add to the problems we are coping with.
PATIENTS GIVEN APPOINTMENTS AT OUR RED HUB:
During the current COVID-19 outbreak, patients experiencing certain symptoms (breathing issues and / or fever) and who have been telephone assessed by a GP to need a face-to-face examination will be called to our local ‘Red Hub’.
Click here www.northcumbriaccg.nhs.uk/redhubs to find out more about where to go, what it will look and feel like and what to do when you arrive.
There is also a short film and animation to explain why it looks different for children.